Do you ever have some dodgy looking lemons rolling around the bottom of your fruit bowl?
Don’t let them go to waste!
They are perfect for making fresh Lemonade!
When life gives you lemons… make lemonade?!
It’s really simple to make and tastes amazing.
Here’s my recipe!
- 3 lemons
- 500g of granulated sugar
- 25g of citric acid – you only need this if you’re planning on storing your lemonade for more than a few days in the fridge.
- If your lemons are waxed (most are) pop them in some boiling water for 30 seconds or so to remove the wax coating.
- Boil the kettle for 1L if boiling water.
- Measure out the sugar into a large container / bowl. I used a large rubber sealed jar.
- If using, add the citric acid.
- Pour the boiling water over the sugar and citric acid. Stir to dissolve.
- Slice up the lemons and pop them in the sugar water.
- Give everything a good stir.
- Leave the mixture covered over night or at least 4 hours for the lemons to infuse. You can leave this for less time, but it just won’t be as lemony.
- Strain the mixture into sterilised bottles and keep in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
How to serve
Serve over ice with a 50/50 mix of soda water / sparking water and slice of lemon – Lush.