If you like to keep your toilet sparkly clean between deep cleans, or use a chemical refreshing gel to keep your loo smelling fresh, this is the DIY for you!
They are a perfect Bathroom swap for Plastic Free July to help reduce the amount of plastic we use in our bathrooms too!
I love using these little toilet fizzies, they’re like bath bombs but for your loo!
They are a combination of citric acid, bicarb, soap and essential oils. All of these ingredients work together to help to lift stains, stop limescale from building up, deodorise & keep your loo naturally smelling fresh!
These are great to give your loo a freshen up in between deep cleans and can extend the time between when you need to clean your loo too! You will still need to give your loo a quick scrub every so often as these tablets unfortunately don’t do that too (I wish)!
What you’ll need:
- 1 Ice cube tray
- Large bowl
- 3/4 cup Bicarbonate of Soda
- 3/4 cup Citric Acid
- 1 – 2 TBSP Castile Soap / washing up liquid
- Zest of an Orange (dried) – optional for decoration
- 10 drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil – swap out for your favourite scent!
Makes enough to for 2 weeks!
1. Measure out the bicarbonate of soda & citric acid into a large, clean bowl. Using the back of your spoon, squish out any lumps and stir to combine.
2. Add in your dried zest of an orange & 1 TBSP of castile soap.
3. Stir the soap through the mixture with your hands until it’s completely distributed.
4. You then want to continue stirring the mixture and adding the remaining castile soap 1 tsp at a time until the mixture holds its shape when squeezed in your hand.
5. Once is holds its shape without crumbling, pack the mixture tightly into your ice cube tray and leave to set for a few hours overnight until hardened.
6. Pop out once hardened & store in an airtight container until you’re ready to use them in your loo!
How do you use them?
So you just drop one of your fizzies into the loo and let it do it’s bubbly thing for at least 1/2 an hour before flushing!
You should see your loo looking sparkly clean and smelling of what ever essential oil you chose. If you want to keep the loo smelling extra fresh all the time, pop a drop into the loo after doing your business & flushing too!
I hope you enjoy making these little beauties!
Let me know how you find them 🙂